How Note Papers Can Help You Increase Your Business: Brand Recognition, Self-Promotion, and Functional Benefits
Whether your business is large or small, confined to local or regional impact or an international interest, you know that brand recognition matters. There are a number of ways you can go about reinforcing this with prospective and existing clients. One of the easiest is by emblazoning your logo or company name on a household good or product. Below, we’ll examine why post it notes and notepads make an excellent, common sense vehicle for your brand and why they are often the best way to get the word out about your business.
Your Business at a Glance
Post It Notes and notepads bearing your logo are an excellent way to maintain your business with clients and suggest yourself to those who are not yet clients. Printing these is usually a very small expense, which is usually recouped rather swiftly by the business it draws. You can often give these products away as promotional or free, and they will enhance your brand image in the following ways:
• All humans love free stuff. That being said, they tend to be suspicious of things that are free but obviously expensive. Note pads and Post Its are inexpensive, and everyone knows that. Therefore, when you offer them free products with your logo on them, people will receive them gladly, and use them easily.
• Your logo will be present beside the phone, on desks and side tables, on refrigerators or kitchen tables. Repetition of imagery and language has been proven to cement a concept—that your business is useful
• If you take time to choose good paper and design a logo and slogan that are clean, uncluttered, and vibrant, it says a great deal about your business. If the Post Its and note pads have paper that is good quality and your logo is clearly visible, shows consideration to detail and quality, and is not overbearing, customers will come to you.
• Handwriting has been proven to help solidify concepts in the brain. Numerous studies support the idea that writing something down will help you remember it more easily. This is because the act of writing language engages several different parts of the human brain. First, the motor centers are activated when you handwrite or print words. The language center of your brain is actively engaged, even if you are not speaking aloud as you write.
• Attention is focused strongly on the concepts being written out. That last is important when it comes to your brand recognition. People use your note pads and Post Its to record data—phone numbers, grocery lists, short notes—and they also may doodle, outline the logo, read the slogan and name of your business as they have a phone conversation, think about what they need from the store, or communicate information for someone to read later.
Customizing Your Notepads and Post Its
Consider the weight, texture, and color of the paper. While you don’t want an exorbitantly heavy stock, it should also not be too lightweight. Clientele may perceive it as cheap if it lacks sufficient body. As well, your notepads and Post Its should be functional. High gloss paper looks great—but it’s hard to write on and will aggravate people, which is something you don’t want. Choose a matte finish or a text sheet. As well, consider how many colors of ink you want to use for your logo and printed matter. You may elect a single color of ink on a bright ground or a multi-colored logo on a white or neutral backing.
Unless you simply must have a specially shaped notepad, stick with standard cuts. That’s because any special shape has to have a metal dye cutting plate, which can be a bit pricey unless your printer is already equipped. As well, stay with standard measurements—8.5 x 11 inches or 5.5 x 8.5 inches are very popular and easy to use dimensions for notepads. 100 sheets is usually an excellently substantial pad of paper, though you can go larger or smaller depending on your preference.
Post It Notes and notepads are an excellent way to spread and substantiate brand recognition for your business. Not only will you be able to reach more people, but you’ll also form a business relationship with a printing firm, which is never a bad idea for future paper needs. Note papers are always in demand, and people will welcome a post it stack or a notepad, tastefully stamped with your logo and slogan, for easy note taking or jotting important data for future reference.